Jorge Lorenzo opened the 2012 MotoGP series premiered on the Losail International Circuit, Qatar, Monday, April 9, 2012, with brilliant results. After seizing pole-position, Yamaha Racing Team Rider came out the winner with a time of 42 minutes 44, 214 sec.
The second position is occupied by Dani Pedrosa who appear aggressive in the races that took place that evening. Pedrosa closed the Qatar GP with a time of 42 minutes, 44, 852 sec. Closed to within 2, 908 second behind Casey Stoner right to stand on the podium third.
Lorenzo became the fastest in Qatar Grand Prix after beating Honda duo.
Yamaha rider who was nicknamed ‘X-Fuera this to be the fastest to finish 22 laps. While the Honda duo of Dani Pedrosa and Casey Stoner, the defending champion could only occupy the second and third positions only.
Meanwhile, Andrea Dovizioso, Nicky Hayden, Alvaro Bautista and five to seven positions. For Ducati, Valentono Rossi could only finish in tenth position, this means beyond expectation.
Started the race, Jorge Lorenzo directly in a tight guard by the duo of Honda, Pedrosa and Stoner. Start from position 7. Pedrosa straight threaten in second place followed by team-mate Casey Stoner as it passes through the first corner.
It did not take long for Stoner overtook Lorenzo. On the fifth lap, Stoner succeed to overtake Lorenzo on the straight track. Behind Lorenzo, Pedrosa is still looking for an opportunity to take second place from the Yamaha rider.
Meanwhile, Valentino Rossi was left in the order of the outermost five had widened when exiting the corner. Luckily, he did not fall. No less fierce competition in the middle of the board. A number of team riders CRT (Claiming Rule Team) involved overtaking each other at mid-race.
On lap 12, Stoner began leading his own up front, leaving the duel between Lorenzo and Pedrosa are fighting over second place. While Rossi climbed to tenth position by passing the Yamaha Factory Racing rider Ben Spies.
Entering into the 13th lap, tire performance has declined. However, Stoner left the group faster and faster. Even the gap between Stoner with Lorenzo about 1.982 seconds. Even on lap-16, the gap between Stoner and Lorenzo becomes 1.887 seconds.
But entering the lap-17, Lorenzo and Pedrosa with Stoner rejoined. Even on lap-19 occurs overtake each other between Lorenzo and Pedrosa made the race more exciting, while the Stoner speed getting decreasing because of the tire.
Back to the forefront, Lorenzo who never gave up chasing Stoner managed to take over first place. Climax, the 2010 world champion overtook The Kurri Kurri Boy ( Stoner nick name ) in the straight track on lap-19.
Coming to the end of the race, Stoner increasingly sagging position. His teammate Pedrosa, who continued to show determination successfully pass Stoner on lap 21 when exiting the first corner. The tiny riders sit in second place. This position does not change until the finish flag was unfurled.
Results – 22 laps: Qatar MotoGP race results on Monday (04/09/2012):
1. Jorge Lorenzo, Yamaha Factory Racing 42 minutes 44 214 seconds
2. Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda 42 minutes 45 066 seconds
3. Casey Stoner, Repsol Honda 42 minutes 47 122 seconds
4. Cal Crutchlow, Yamaha Monster Tech3 43 minutes 1328 seconds
5. Andrea Dovizioso, Monster Yamaha Tech3 43 minutes 1634 seconds
6. Nicky Hayden, Ducati Team 43 minutes 12 627 seconds
7. Alvaro Bautista, San Carlo Honda Gresini 43 married 12 660 seconds
8. Stefan Bradl, LCR Honda MotoGP 43 minutes 13 678 seconds
9. Hector Barbera, Pramac Racing 43 minutes 15 598 seconds
10. Valentino Rossi, Ducati Team 43 minutes 17 879 seconds
11. Ben Spies, Yamaha Factory Racing 43 minutes 41 121 seconds
12. Colin Edwards, NGM Forward Racing 43 minutes 42 302 seconds
13. Randy De Puniet, Power Electronics Aspar 43 minutes 54 864 seconds
14. Yonny Hernandez, Avintia Blusens 44 minutes 0157 seconds
15. Aleix Espargaro, Power Electronics Aspar 44 minutes 10 947 seconds
16. Ivan Silva, Avintia Blusens, 44 minutes 27 541 seconds
17. Mattia Pasini, Speed Master, 44 minutes 31 633 seconds
18. James Ellison, Paul Bird Motorsport, 44 minutes 36 096 seconds