Casey Stoner took the podium again after the first title to be the fastest in MotoGP Portugal, on Sunday May 6, 2012. Repsol Honda rider led 28 laps at Estoril circuit with a time of 45 minutes 37.513 seconds.
The victory in this race as well as boost the position of Stoner in the standings table. Stoner, one point ahead of Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo, who finished second with a value of 65. While in third place is occupied teammate Stoner, Daniel Pedrosa by collecting 52 points.
In the middle of the hot weather, Stoner, who started the race from pole position, was able to maximize his chances very well. Australian rider continues to push high-speed his motorcycle, so that no competitor could overtaken closest to the end of the race.
In second place is occupied Lorenzo. Lorenzo just 1.421 seconds closed to within of Stoner. One level below there Lorenzo Pedrosa. Pedrosa with Stoner 3.621 loggerheads time. The third position is the same as the riders race in Jerez Circuit, Spain. While the fourth and fifth places are occupied by Andrea Dovizioso and Cal Crutchlow.
Meanwhile, veteran MotoGP rider, Valentino Rossi has not found his best performances this season. Ducati rider can only end the race in seventh position. While co-Rossi, Nicky Hayden was thrown into the eleventh position.
Results The 10 MotoGP Portugal:
A. Casey Stoner, Repsol Honda, 45 minutes 37.513 seconds
2. Jorge Lorenzo, Yamaha +1.421 seconds
3. Daniel Pedros, Repsol Honda, +3.621 seconds
4. Andrea Dovizioso, Tech 3 Yamaha, +13.846 seconds
5. Cal Crutchlow, Yamaha Tech 3, +16.690 seconds
6. Avaro Bautista, Honda, +21.884 seconds
7. Valentino Rossi, Ducati, +26.797 seconds
8. Ben Spies, Yamaha, +33.262 seconds
9. Stefan Bradl, LCR Honda, +35.867 seconds
10. Hector Barbera, Pramac Ducati, +53.363 seconds