One of the added value of a vehicle is capable of protecting passengers from fatal injuries or even death when the accident occurred. To achieve these points, in addition to safety features, also required the design and good quality material
To determine the quality of the safety of a vehicle, non-profit institutions from the United States, Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), conducted a survey on 100 car that was launched during 2010 and 2012.
The cars were tested in four ways, namely the collision test (crash test) from the front with a speed of 40 miles per hour, with a side collision while a speed of 31 miles per hour, falling down after knocking over a steel plate, as well as the impact of rear test.
From the results of these tests were 7 cars that got the title of most dangerous vehicles worldwide. Cap was given because of the cars suffered the most severe damage in some segments of the test. According to the IIHS fatal damage can occur due to factors which the design or material used in production.
1. Dodge Ram 1500 This car has the worst ranking in the collision from the side and rolled over. Since 1981, the track record of car safety is never impressive. Although dangerous, the Ram is sold for U.S. $ 22,210 and still selling in the market. This car sold 156 983 units last year.
2. Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab This U.S. made car has a bad side on the side, when rolled out and the back. Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab sold 31 026 units in 2011. Light trucks made by General Motors are priced at U.S. $ 17,475 had recall in November 2011, due to having problems in the seat belt.
3. Mazda CX-7 Japanese cars are already sold 35 641 units in 2011, has a downside when a collision from behind, and when rolled. This car is priced at U.S. $ 22,190.
4. Mazda CX-9 Still from the same brand, Mazda CX-9 has a weakness in the time overturned and was hit from behind. The car that sells for U.S. $ 29,725 have been sold over 34 421 units in 2011.
5. Nissan Pathfinder Cars that have been absorbed by the market as much as 25 935 units of the United States in 2011, has a weakness when hit from behind and when rolled. Nissan Pathfinder sold for U.S. $ 29,290.
6. Jeep Wrangler The car is sold for U.S. $ 22,970 to U.S. $ 30,745, has a weakness when hit from the side and rear. SUV type of car it sold 122 460 units in 2011. 7. Suzuki SX4 The car that sells for U.S. $ 13,849 or approximately, are known to have weaknesses when hit from the back and when rolled. This crossover car has sold 12 520 units in 2011